Monday, May 24, 2010

Productive Shopping

It's funny how a majority of movies and TV series have stereotyped women to shop in packs. I don't think it applies to all women, such as myself - for example.

Before we get on the wrong foot, I do love shopping with my girls. But ever only so when I am not looking for anything in particular and have money found tucked, neatly-folded, in the back pocket of my jeans - those were my jeans...right?

When I shop with my girls, our eyes are in three diffrent directions. And since all 3 of us have a mild case of ADD, you can only imagine what happens when 3 different things catch our eyes at the same time, which -
don't get me wrong - is pretty amusing once you get over it and laugh about the idiocracy of it all.

However, when I shop alone, I am more meticulous and tend to cover more ground. This happens when I'm looking for something specific, like shoes to wear to a formal dinner, say maybe peep-toed pumps or 4-inch heeled MaryJanes, white denim skinny jeans (which aren't distressed yet) - these are surprisingly difficult to find in Hong Kong. If a store doesn't have what I want, I'm outta there faster than they can say "Welcome" in cantonese, at least what I assume they say. If they do - this is funny - I can take ages in that store, talking to myself so much so that some people start looking at me like I'm schizophrenic.

That's just how I am, I come home with more shopping when I go on my own. What about you - that feels so weird to say, by the way - are you more productive when you shop with your friends or on your own.

P.S. Shopping with your parents doesn't count. Cause that can go both ways. If you shop with my mother: non-productive. My dad on the other hand...8D

Meanwhile, I ended up buying the Peep-toed pumps over the MaryJanes

Plus these, cause I just couldn't put them down.


Meanwhile, I massacred my toenails last night. I haven't worn nail polish for four years until last night. I didn't do too bad a job, did I?

No comments:

Post a Comment