Friday, July 23, 2010

Good Samaritans do exist

You wanna know what can kill a person? PANIC!

Especially if you're someone who's lost a wallet one time too many before. That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. I happily made my way to cotillion practise early afternoon and about an hour later, I reach into my bag to find it EMPTIER than usual.

My wallet was MISSING!

Panic strikes. I'm those kind of people who put EVERYTHING in their wallet; ID card, Octopus card, discount cards, Membership cards, cash, spare change, receipts - a whole lot of if I may add, pictures. Basically, my entire LIFE is contained in that 6" x 3" black Nine West pouch. I had everyone search high and low and all around but still, my wallet was nowhere to be found with some of my friends trying to figure out how you can lose such a large wallet without noticing.

So I start to break down in fear of what my mother would say, not to mention the cost of having my ID card replaced, when suddenly my brother calls and asks if I had lost my wallet.

Turns out a guy found my wallet in the minibus and found my student card, called the school who then called my brother who gave me the number the guy left to contact him.

In addition to my relief, I was ever so thankful that good samaritans do exist in Hong Kong.

- Messer Girl

1 comment: