Sunday, June 27, 2010

Here's to a rainy weekend...

I absolutely hate it when it rains in Hong Kong, especially during the weekend. I don't particularly like staying home on Sundays and neither does my brother, so we've made it a mission every weekend to go out to venture of to places of the undecided, i.e. to wherever our feet take us. And today, we ended up taking refuge in Dragon Centre in Sham Shui Po. And like most malls in Hong Kong, it has the same stores, selling the same stock, at the same prices - items which I can find for 10% less elsewhere. Although, where Dragon Centre is concerned, two things come to mind, a roller coaster INSIDE the mall, and escalator land. There're three times more escalators than floors in that building.

We did, in fact, stumble upon a very peculiar store. Peculiar in the sense that it stuck out like a sore thumb. Whilst the rest were of shoes, clothes and whatnot, this one had a bit of everything. From clothes to bags to belts, stickers, toys - including little $5 puzzle boxes my brother and I couldn't resist buying - pranks, mangas, books, stationery, you name it. Chances are they'll have it. They got plush toys too, of Mario, the little mushroom guys in the Mario game - I always forget what they're called. We even found Barney.



Unfortunately, he wasn't the highlight of my day. This was:



"What're those"? you may ask. Well, those, my friend, are rows of A1 sized POSTERS! They had Kurt Cobain, Nirvana, Sid Vicious, Sex Pistols, The Clash - I'm killing myself here. They had GREEN-FUCKING-DAY!

However, I am one of those people who are ever so unfortunate to have lost a little bit of their love for music, ever since I accidentally wrote over my entire playlist. I do hope it comes back, I miss it so. The blaring music echoing from my room, me trying to learn every single one on the guitar. Hmmm, maybe it'll come back this summer. If I find time to rebuild my playlist that is. Oh that's one very long playlist.

Meanwhile...
  1. No new recipe today. We still have Cake Pops from last week so I guess I'll be putting up that Brownie recipe next week.
  2. I haven't reviewed a movie lately. Damn you Hong Kong for releasing Toy Story 3 so late! I've watched it already, but I still wanna see it on the big screen. I'll be doing one in a while though, tonight maybe. Still looking for a template for them, so that my opinions aren't all over the place.
  3. I just heard the sound of breaking china. That'll be me cleaning that up...
  4. Off too rebuild my playlist!
  5. Here's to a rainy weekend Hong Kong, #^$% *@^!!
- Messer Girl

P.S Kudos to RamORawr for getting a review offer.

1 comment:

  1. THANKS LOVE for the mention!

    PS. I HAVE to go to that shop and get a armfuls of those posters, I don't give a damn if there isn't enough wall space.

    Thanks again. x)

    ReplyDelete