Saturday, June 12, 2010

Prom Schmom

A year ago, a bunch of 2nd years were asking me if I could talk the Students' Association committee into convincing the higher authority to allow students to have a prom. Pfft, not in a lifetime will that happen.

When you're a graduate at a local secondary school in Hong Kong, you don't go to prom. You go to a Graduation Dinner instead, where you sit, eat, be merry, take pictures, post 'em on the web where they'll start to collect virtual dust and consequently you get your very own virtual dustbunny collection. Too bland for my taste really, but I can never turn down the opportunity to get all fancy. So typical me immeditely rummaged through my closet for something to wear. I didn't wanna go in black. WOAH! Breaking news people, Vhie Fabilla didn't want to wear black. So all I had choice between red or white. I picked the white.

I was also thinking of going in a white and green ensemble cause not many people would think of that combination. Unfortunately I couldn't find the "right" green. I searched high and low yet all I could find was either apple green or olive green or seaweed green. Not the vibrant green with a tinge of elegance that I wanted, so I had to settle for navy blue while mother found a clutch in the back of her closet which matched my black and silver peep toes. And, *drumroll*

 

 Thank you Kuya Ricky for my hair and makeup.



The buffet dinner was exquisite. I especially liked the Italian station where you pick a pasta and other ingredients and a sauce and condiments of your choice and the chef will whip it up in 5 minutes for you. It was very entertaining to watch. And Disneyland Hotel has the nicest staff I've met. One waiter was even sweet enough to hold my chair for me after almost crashing into one another amidst the traffic of hungry people.

And being the obsessive compulsive pastry chef that I am, of course I won't forget the dessert bar where I went back for a luscious 2nd helping of their Apple Pie with Whipped Cream.



The sweet taste of apples with pine nut streusel topping topped with whipped cream. Boy was that one delicious slice of heaven. I haven't gone round to making pies yet. Right now I'm on cakes =D. Cream Cheese Pound Cake coming up next week, since it's my brother's birthday tomorrow I've got to wrap tons of stuff plus my student is coming over to learn Edelweiss, leaving me with ZERO time to bake.

Now, off to wash all this gel off my hair.

- Messer Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment