Sunday, June 13, 2010

We're not the type to throw parties

My brother turned 11 yesterday and instead of throwing a party, he attended someone else's birthday party. He hasn't thrown a party since his 1st birthday. I myself haven't throw a birthday party since my 7th. The family just had dinner, a truffle cake and 2 tubs of Dreyers icecream along with some close family friends so I decided to take him out today. Swimming in the morning then off to the Science Museum in the afternoon - yes, we're geeky that way.
I missed swimming, I don't even remember the last time I went swimming, be it at the beach or at the pool so I think it'll be a part of my summer weight loss regime. I've got to re-lose the 4lbs I had initally lost in January. Meanwhile, I had to teach my brother how to swim all over again. He not afraid to float all right, but he'll be floating in one place all day if I didn't remind him how.
As for the Science Musuem, I have nary a clue how we ended up there, but he had a marvelous time. We passed by most of the exhibitions but lingered at the puzzle challenges. We're both puzzle freaks.
 The Hall of Mirrors was also hilarious. We both burst into laughter when we came across the convex mirrors with me laughing even harder when Glenn said, "Hey, my ankles disappeared!"
He also experienced the difficult life of a lab rat, I mean hamster XD.

 All in all he and I had quite a blast.

- Messer Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment